While cleanliness has always been a top priority of our practice, we are also increasing the frequency in which ‘high touch’ areas will be cleaned and sanitized, such as our reception chairs and tables. You’ll notice that we have also removed magazines from our reception area to decrease the spread of germs.
Additionally, we continue to practice good hygiene by our doctors and staff. We wash our hands frequently with antibacterial soap or to use a high-percentage alcohol hand sanitizer.
We are actively monitoring both local and national information about the Coronavirus. We are continuing to do everything we can to keep our practice a clean and safe environment for you and your family.
- Performing daily temperature checks for all staff members and patients
- Requiring staff to wear face masks and other protective gear
- Asking patients to wear a face mask or cloth covering to their appointments
- Asking screening questions for all patients, staff and other persons that enter the office
- Rescheduling patients who exhibit symptoms or have been exposed to COVID-19 and ensuring ill or exposed staff follow appropriate self-quarantine measures
- Instituting social distancing protocols, such as limiting provider schedules and reducing waiting room capacity; in some office settings, patients may wait in their vehicles after check-in and then be brought directly to their exam room to further reduce exposure risk
- Thoroughly sanitizing our facility throughout the day in accordance with the CDC guidelines
- Limiting visitors to those escorts required for special assistance or circumstances
- Offering Telehealth appointments for high-risk patients
Asheville Vision and Wellness will continue to monitor COVID-19 closely and will follow the guidelines provided by local and national organizations like the CDC and WHO, and can assure you that our practice remains a safe place to continue your uninterrupted eye health care.
We feel it essential to keep you updated, and if you have any questions, concerns, or need to reschedule, please give us a call.
Thank you for being such a valued patient,
The Doctors and Staff of Asheville Vision and Wellness
559 Long Shoals Road
Arden, NC 28704